When there's not much food left in the fridge and you are trying to satisfy your hunger with what ever you have left, give this one a go!
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 2 mins
4 large eggs
2 tbsp fat-free milk
1/4 tsp baking powder (optional)
1/2 tsp praprika
1/4 tsp ground allspice
Salt and pepper, to your liking (I used about 1/2 tsp each)
1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tzatziki pre-made dip to serve, optional
Warm pita to serve, optional
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp sliced pitted Kalamata olives
1/4 to 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, more for later
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint, more for later
Crumbled feta cheese, to your liking, optional
1. In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, baking powder (if using), spices, salt and pepper. Quickly and vigorously whisk to combine.
2. In a 10-inch non-stick frying pan, heat extra virgin olive oil until shimmering but not smoking. Be sure to tilt the pan to coat the bottom well with oil.
3. Pour the egg mixture in and immediately stir with a heat-resistant spatula for like 5 seconds. Then push the cooked portions at the edge toward the centre, tilting the pan to allow uncooked egg to fill in around the edges. When no more egg runs to the sides, continue to cook until almost set and the bottom is light golden (about 1 minute.) Remember, the omelette has more time to cook once filled and folded.
4. Remove the frying pan from the heat. Spoon a good portion of the toppings onto the centre third of the omelette. Use the spatula to fold. Add the remainder of the toppings on top. Sprinkle a little more fresh herbs.
5. Slice the omelette into two halves and serve hot. If you like, add a side of Greek tzatziki dip and warm pita bread. Enjoy!